Thursday, January 01, 2009

CIVIL WAR II

...And "the South shall rise again at the crack of dawn."

Is that supposed to be called "Civil War II?" From my humble and limited thinking, the only lucubration I get is related to the lack of focus on the most important cause that we, the believers, were called to fulfill: the Gospel of Peace. What shoes am I wearing?

I wonder how many bowls of soup we will need to provide for the less favored ones if the South continues to "gun up." Calculate: the cheapest pistol costs more than $400.00, plus $300.00 for each 1000 rounds, plus $120.00 for classes and $75.00 for lane rent in shooting range. If a crisis really comes, I also wonder how many bowls of soup all the money invested to pile up with guns would not provide for family and others in need. It is impossible to eat a riffle even if served with golden bullets.

Not that I oppose possessing guns, but the supposition of an absurd CWII gets me frustrated and makes me wonder if the focus is really on waiting for God's rebuke or taking justice upon my own hands. When in doubt, I decide for leaning on the Rock of My Salvation. Is not God over all the decision related to government leaders? Considering that He is in control, what am I missing in regard to His commands to pray for and to submit to the authorities?

...and it does not have anything to do with the fact that I "don't have a family" as said, I just choose not to be concerned with tomorrow; I avoid to fortune-tell a crackdown on life based on an overcast future. I understand Romans 13 and look up for examples in my leaders and teachers. By the way, though they are far away, I do have a family and care for them constantly grieving our distance.

Ah... Well... What do I know? I am just a 37 year-old Brazilian who does not have a clue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter